This grant awards funds to current AAJA members in pursuit of professional development. Applicants must be currently enrolled or accepted into a professional development program.
Eligibility and Rules
- Current dues-paying AAJA member
- Demonstrate leadership potential, or currently hold a management position
- Must have a serious interest in continuing pursuing journalism as a career.
- Candidates must commit to submitting a post for the AAJA website at the end of their training experience that highlights how the fellowship advanced them along their career path.
- One letter of recommendation
- A letter verifying your acceptance into a professional development program
- A brief statement describing your financial need
- In 500 words or less, describe your career goals and why AAJA's mission is important to you.
To learn more about this scholarship and AAJA, visit our website
Grants are distributed on a rolling basis. Complete the application at least 3 weeks before payment is due for the program or event you plan on attending. All required materials must be received by the deadline to be considered.
Questions? Email email@example.com with Dinah Eng Leadership Fellowship Grant in the subject line.