A) One internship grant in the amount of $500 will be awarded to a student broadcaster in honor of the late Sam Chu Lin. This grant is open to journalists working in local TV news. B) One grant in the amount of $1,000 will be awarded to an aspiring male television broadcaster from the Lloyd LaCuesta Scholarship Fund. This internship grant of $1,000 will be awarded to an aspiring AAPI male television broadcaster who has secured a summer internship at a local TV news station. The funds are to help pay for expenses related to the internship.
Applicants may apply to both grants if they meet eligibility requirements for both grants.
Eligibility and Rules:
- Must be a full-time college student or a recent graduate who has graduated within the last year.
- Must have secured a summer internship before applying.
- The stipend must be used for living expenses and/or transportation during your internship. Grantees will be required to sign a waiver acknowledging this.
- Must be a current AAJA student member.
- Letter of recommendation
- Letter verifying your internship
- A brief statement explaining your financial need
- Answer to this question: In 250 words or less, state why you want to pursue a career in broadcast journalism, what you hope to gain from your internship experience, and why AAJA's mission is important to you.
To learn more about Sam Chu Lin and Lloyd LaCuesta, and AAJA, visit our website.
The application deadline is 11:59 PT on March 30, 2023. Questions? Email email@example.com.