This internship grant awards $1,500 to college juniors, seniors and graduate students who have secured an internship at a news outlet. Students from the Pacific Northwest or who attend a Northwest college or university are especially encouraged to apply, though a Northwest connection alone does not determine who receives a grant. Applicants who will be interning at small to medium sized outlets will receive priority.
Eligibility and Rules
- Currently enrolled full-time at an accredited community college, junior college, college or university
- Must have secured a summer internship before applying for the internship grant. The stipend must be used for living expenses and/or transportation during your internship and may not be used for any college expenses. Grantees will be required to sign an agreement acknowledging this.
- Must have a serious interest in pursuing journalism as a career.
- Must be an active AAJA member.
- One letter of recommendation
- A letter verifying your summer internship
- A brief statement describing your financial need
- In 500 words or less, answer these questions: What kind of experience do you expect as an intern. Describe your career goals and why AAJA's mission is important to you.
To learn more about this scholarship and AAJA, visit our website.
The application deadline is 11:59 ET on March 21, 2024. Questions? Email email@example.com.