AAJA is launching a data visualization project in anticipation of AAJA21. This $10,000 grant will be provided to one (1) individual to attend training sessions with a Microsoft Power BI expert and take that training to use Power BI to create a data visualization of population migration and growth in the AAPI community.
We’re looking for individuals with experience in developing visual representations of data sets and modeling and is interested in supporting AAJA’s ongoing mission to better understand the AAPI community. The grant will be disbursed with the completion of phases of the project.
- Complete Microsoft Power BI trainings: $2,500
- Provide AAJA with first draft of dashboard/model: $2,500
- Present data findings at AAJA21: $2,500
- Update data in early 2022 upon release of the 2020 Census: $2,500
Anyone can apply, however priority will be given to AAJA Members and individuals with some data visualization/modeling experience. The selected individual will be contracted by AAJA to perform these services to the organization. AAJA will retain the rights to all work product while providing attribution to the creator. Further work on the project may be requested with compensation provided should further work be asked of the creator.
To apply, please fill in the application below.
- If accepted, selected scholarship recipients are required to enroll in AAJA membership (if they are not already an active member at the time of the application).
- Neither AAJA nor Microsoft shall be liable for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by any person taking part or not being able to take part in the scholarship process.
Deadline: Your application must be submitted by midnight, EST on July 23, 2021.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.